It’s no secret that I absolutely adore FALL. No matter what amazing things all the other seasons have to offer, none of them compare to the joys of Fall for me. Because I have spent a lot of time creating Fall traditions and making fun memories, I thought I would share my classic Fall bucket list with you! There’s something so special about creating bucket lists for seasons. It give you something to look forward to, goals to accomplish, and it creates a space for tons of new and fun memories! So let’s get right to it!
- Celebrate Fall: We start Fall every single year with a “Happy Fall” party. It might seem cheesy, but we absolutely love it. It has become a super special tradition in our home, and we wouldn’t have it any other way! So what the heck is our Happy Fall party? Well, first of all, it occurs within the first few days after it is officially Fall! Sometimes we like to just have it on October first, because even though the first day of Fall is between September 21 and 23, something about the first of October just makes it feel more real. If October 1st doesn’t work, we just have it on the Saturday before! Our Happy Fall party is almost always a breakfast. We have our most Fall appropriate dishes- all things pumpkin, maple, pecan, and delicious, and we decorate the house from top to bottom in all the Fall things! It’s the perfect kickoff to the Fall season and our Fall bucket list, and that’s why it’s number one on the list!
- Make a pie from scratch: This one is super fun for us because we love to bake and we love making everything from scratch! The only catch is, it has to be a “Fall” pie! (At least, that is our rule, but it doesn’t have to be yours!) We like to make an apple pie, a pumpkin pie, or a maple pecan pie! Not only does it make the house smell absolutely amazing, it also kicks off the baking season that comes along with Fall!
- Navigate a corn maze: We love going to corn mazes, and we love them even more with friends! It’s a lot of fun to break up into teams and race to see who can get out first. Even if you don’t like competition, these are still fun. You can just enjoy the crisp air and good company while you get lost in the maze, and hopefully find your way out!
- Have a football party: Where I come from, this one is a must! If you can attend a game and actually tailgate, that’s the ultimate way to do it. If not, just get all your fan gear on, make all the best game foods, and make an all day event out of it. You can just tailgate in your own living room with all the pregame activities on ESPN! Invite your friends over and have a blast!
- Paint pumpkins: This is one of my absolute favorites on our Fall bucket list! Most people think of carving pumpkins as the traditional fall activity, but we like to paint ours instead. First of all, we are way better at painting them than we are at carving them. Second, it is WAY less messy and requires less effort. Third, they last way longer on our porch than when they are carved. This is a really fun way to make a memory and also get practical decorations out of it. This also makes for a really fun date night with popcorn and your favorite Fall treats!
- Go apple picking: We love apple picking no matter what, but we are especially excited for it this year, as our baby girl absolutely loves apples! Apple picking is always so fun and there are usually lots of other treats or things to do at the apple farms! If it’s chilly outside, it’s always nice to end your apple picking with a cup of warm apple cider. At most apple farms, the cider is fresh and made on site, so it’s always delicious! Obviously we will be doing this one with our baby this year, but this could also make for a really fun day date on the weekend!
- Make chili and cornbread: This is another one of my Fall bucket list favorites! Every year, as soon as the weather cools down, we have chili and cornbread! Something about it just feels RIGHT. And then we do it about a hundred more times through the colder months! It’s just so cozy and perfect.
- Go on a scenic hike or drive: There’s nothing more beautiful than all the changing colors of Fall! Find a scenic drive or go on a hike to take it all in! This is really important to us this year as we are living in Colorado. The changing Aspens are like nothing you have ever seen! We will likely be doing this Fall bucket list item multiple times!
- Go to a Fall festival: Fall festivals are just so much fun! When I think of these festivals, I just think of the most special moments of my childhood! This Fall bucket list item has to be taken seriously! Don’t just go and walk around. Commit to doing all the fun things! If there’s a costume contest, definitely dress up! Do the hay rides, let your kids ride the ponies, buy a fresh baked pie, and eat the roasted corn on the cob! Go big or don’t go at all!
- Create a ‘Thankful Banner’: Every year we create a banner/garland with tons of leaves that we cut out ourselves. Every day leading up to Thanksgiving we each write one thing we are thankful for on a leaf. By the time it is Thanksgiving, we have a very full banner of all of the things we are thankful for! After thanksgiving, we take the banner down and save the leaves in a jar. We save them until the next year and we read them again before creating our new banner. This is a great way to really prioritize having a thankful heart throughout the season, and it is also a great way to remember all that God has done!
So there you have it! All of our Fall favorites in one fun bucket list! Whatever you do, just be sure to stay cozy with a warm scarf and a cup of coffee!