Our sweet, feisty, determined, energetic, and cuddly Sadie Rae is six months old today. I’m not really sure how that happened, because I swear I just had her yesterday.
In honor of the most amazing six months of my life, this post is dedicated to my sweet girl.
Sadie Rae, everyone told me to cherish every moment you were in my belly because I would miss it. While I can honestly say I miss the nearness of you inside me, I can also honestly say that every single moment since the day you were born is so much sweeter. You bring me joy inexpressible and my heart overflows with a love that is just unreal. You challenge me every single day in so many ways. I am a better person because of you and your sweet heart. I’m also more patient than I ever have been, and have a far deeper understanding of the love of God than I ever imagined.
You amaze me, my child. You are fearless, entirely determined (and probably stubborn… where did you get that?), and so eager to learn something new. Watching the world through your eyes is humbling, exciting, and just plain fun.
Here are a few of the things I have watched you learn and discover:
- The day you turned 3 months you started laughing at everything, including your own laugh. It’s the best snowball effect I have ever experienced.
- At four months you surprised us and started sleeping from 7:30-7.
- At five months, you started rolling both ways.
- Somewhere in month five you started sitting up unassisted! Watching you see the world from a different angle never gets old.
- You started copying me around that same time. When I cough, you cough back- it’s the cutest.
- You also started screaming at the top of your lungs when you want something… I’m not so sure how I feel about this.
- You will sometimes say hi, and are so close to saying “mama.” (We are pretty sure you said it yesterday!)
- You pretty much started grabbing any and every food you could reach, so we started feeding you solids and you’re the cutest food monster we have ever met.
- You are up on all fours and trying so hard to crawl forward.
- You scoot backwards all the time but don’t realize you are doing it.
- Your favorite toys are your stuffed lamby and your toy measuring cups that your Nanna gave you for Christmas!
- You are absolutely obsessed with animals.
Sadie Rae, you are the greatest gift. Raising you is our honor, our pride, and our joy. Knowing you and discovering your personality is such a treasure.